Here is today’s round-up on Chelsea stories both live ones and the ones you might have missed. We report on the 4 most discussed topics for today.
1. Ben Chilwell: ‘FC Porto Tie Is Not Over Yet’
“We are not going into tomorrow complacent because the job is only half done. It’s very important we go into the game with that same mentality we did the first game,” the left-back told Chelseafc.com
“Porto is a strong, physical team who will do all they can to score 2 away goals, and Chelsea have to be at their best to go through,” Chilwell adds.
2. Xavier Mbuyamba Nets Goal For Youth Team After Injury
- The 19-year-old Dutch central defender signed with the Blues back in October. He has been dubbed the next Virgil van Dijk.
- Unfortunately, in just his second training session, the teenager tore the meniscus in his right knee, an injury that had kept him on the sidelines ever since.
- Xavier Mbuyamba, after returning to full fitness, was handed a spot on the U23 side’s bench – he came on to score against Southampton.
Mino Raiola: ‘Borussia Dortmund Do Not Want To Sell Erling’
3. Paul Merson Expects Tammy Abraham To Leave In Summer
“I think he will be on his way, I think Abraham will be on his way. There will be plenty of takers, absolute plenty of takers for me, but not at one of the top clubs at the moment,” Merson told Sky Sports of Tammy Abraham.
The 23-year-old English forward has not played a lot under Thomas Tuchel and is linked with a move to West Ham in the summer.
4. Chelsea In For Mass Squad Clearance To Make Way For Erling Haaland
As per a report [Express], Chelsea could sanction a mass sale of up to 11 players to fund a move for Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland.
Those at Stamford Bridge have been heavily linked with the striker for some time now. However, the Bundesliga giants reportedly do not want to sell the youngster for less than €150M this summer.