Chelsea vs Porto: Team News, Score Predictions & Possible Line-Ups
Ahead of Chelsea vs Porto in the Champions League second leg clash on Tuesday, here is all you need to know.
Team News (via Sky Sports)
Chelsea: The Blues have a fully fit squad to choose from, except 2 players. Andreas Christensen is a slight doubt after picking up a minor hamstring injury against Crystal Palace, while Tuchel said that he will make a late call on N’Golo Kante’s fitness.
FC Porto: Diogo Costa, Ivan Marcano, and Mouhamed Mbaye are the only players expected to miss out on this game.
- Porto has lost 6 of their 9 Champions League games against Chelsea (2 wins, 1 draw).
- Porto has only won one of their 7 games in the competition at the quarter-final stage since winning it in 2003/04 (1 draw, 4 defeats).
- Our opponents have lost five and drawn two of their last seven games against Premier League teams.
- The Blues have kept 3 clean sheets in a row in the CL knockout stages.
- Chelsea has never managed to win three European matches in a row on Spanish soil – they will be facing Porto in Sevilla’s home ground due to COVID restrictions.
Tuchel Sends Warning To Werner And Abraham Over Chelsea Spot
4 Chelsea Stars Included In Champions League Fantasy Team Of The Week
Chelsea Possible Line Up
Chelsea Starting XI: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger, James, Kovacic, Kante, Alonso, Mount, Pulisic, Havertz.
Tuchel [via Chelsea fc]: “Once you are in the second leg of a Champions League quarter-final, you will not find any team that does not have the goal to arrive in the semi-final, and from there in the final.
“I’m here to win games and to win titles. This is what I demand of myself but there is no tougher match than the next game and there is no other obstacle to overcome than Porto tomorrow. We should not get lost in dreams or hopes or speeches. We are here to focus on the reality that we have a hard battle to fight in the quarter-final.”
What’s your predictions on this Chelsea vs Porto second leg clash?