Since the 2021 Ballon d’Or winner has been chosen, everything that’s happening in the world of football since November only relates to the 2022 award.
Leo Messi hasn’t really been at his best lately while Robert Lewandowski and Mohamed Salah dominate the domestic and the European competitions – and this is perfectly reflected by the latest 2022 Ballon d’Or odds.
Current top 8, as per WilliamHill
1. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – 5/1
1. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – 5/1
2. Leo Messi (Paris Saint-Germain) – 7/1
4. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) – 8/1
4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) – 8/1
4. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) – 8/1
7. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) – 12/1
8. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) – 16/1
One question here: Why are Mbappe and De Bruyne so high on the list? Well, one shouldn’t forget that the Champions League and the 2022 World Cup will be crucial to deciding the new Ballon d’Or holder. Manchester City and France are currently tipped to win those competitions the most.