Here is all you need to know about Manchester City vs Chelsea FA Cup tie on Saturday evening. Thomas Tuchel’s side will be locking horns against Pep Guardiola’s men in a massive FA Cup semi-final clash.
Team News Manchester City vs Chelsea [Via Sky Sports]
Chelsea: The London club has a fully fit squad to choose from, except 2 players that are confirmed to be injured. Andreas Christensen and Mateo Kovacic will miss the tie through injury.
Manchester City: Sergio Aguero is the only absentee due to a muscular issue for Pep Guardiola’s side. Otherwise, the Spaniard has his entire squad fit to select from.
Stats To Know In This Manchester City vs Chelsea Fixture [via Opta]
- This will be the 167th meeting between Chelsea and Man City in all competitions, with the London team boasting 68 wins compared to City’s 59.
- However, Guardiola’s side has won seven of their last nine against Chelsea in all competitions.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 15 goals against Chelsea in all competitions – the Blues will be glad to see he won’t be able to add to his tally tomorrow!
- Pep Guardiola has not lost a competitive game against Thomas Tuchel – the two managers met 5 times in the Bundesliga between 2013 to 2016, with Pep winning 4 of these games.
- Man City has reached the FA Cup final only once under Guardiola, while Chelsea reached it last season under Frank Lampard.
Chelsea Predicted XI: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger, Hudson-Odoi, Jorginho, Kante, Chilwell, Mount, Pulisic, Havertz.