Manchester City vs Chelsea: Team News, Possible Line-Ups, Team Stats & More
Here is all you need to know about Manchester City vs Chelsea FA Cup tie on Saturday evening. Thomas Tuchel’s side will be locking horns against Pep Guardiola’s men in a massive FA Cup semi-final clash.
Team News Manchester City vs Chelsea [Via Sky Sports]
Chelsea: The London club has a fully fit squad to choose from, except 2 players that are confirmed to be injured. Andreas Christensen and Mateo Kovacic will miss the tie through injury.
Manchester City: Sergio Aguero is the only absentee due to a muscular issue for Pep Guardiola’s side. Otherwise, the Spaniard has his entire squad fit to select from.
Stats To Know In This Manchester City vs Chelsea Fixture [via Opta]
- This will be the 167th meeting between Chelsea and Man City in all competitions, with the London team boasting 68 wins compared to City’s 59.
- However, Guardiola’s side has won seven of their last nine against Chelsea in all competitions.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 15 goals against Chelsea in all competitions – the Blues will be glad to see he won’t be able to add to his tally tomorrow!
- Pep Guardiola has not lost a competitive game against Thomas Tuchel – the two managers met 5 times in the Bundesliga between 2013 to 2016, with Pep winning 4 of these games.
- Man City has reached the FA Cup final only once under Guardiola, while Chelsea reached it last season under Frank Lampard.
Chelsea Veteran Goalkeeper Compare Thomas Tuchel To Frank Lampard
Between Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho, Who Is The Best? Samuel Eto’o Makes His Choice
Chelsea Predicted XI: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger, Hudson-Odoi, Jorginho, Kante, Chilwell, Mount, Pulisic, Havertz.