Ben Chilwell tops the list of Chelsea’s most fouled players this season in the Premier League.
He wins 2.5 fouls per game.
It turned out poorly for the Blues left-back as he eventually picked up an ACL injury and is out for the rest of the season. It does, however, reflect his potent dribbling and offensive output.
Loftus-Cheek and Jorginho come in at 2nd and 3rd with 1.7 and 1.5 fouls won per game respectively.
Top 10 Most Fouled Chelsea Players This Season
1. Ben Chilwell – 2.5 fouls won per game (18 total)
2. Ruben Loftus-Cheek – 1.7 fouls won per game (28 total)
3. Jorginho – 1.5 fouls won per game (33 total)
4. Hakim Ziyech – 1.5 fouls won per game (27 total)
5. Christian Pulisic – 1.5 fouls won per game (22 total)
6. Callum Hudson-Odoi – 1.1 fouls won per game (22 total)
7. Marcos Alonso – 1.1 fouls won per game (23 total)
8. Reece James – 1.1 fouls won per game (21 total)
9. Kai Havertz – 0.9 fouls won per game (21 total)
10. Mateo Kovacic – 0.9 fouls won per game (29 total).
Ruben Loftus-Cheek also holds the impressive record of most dribbles at 2 per game and Mateo Kovacic comes in second at 1.8 dribbles per game.
These stats are really interesting considering we usually expect fleet-footed wingers to pick up the most fouls and have the most dribbles but our midfielders and defenders contribute equally well if not better.