It is always a dream for most of us to have a full scholarship to study in Canada. A scholarship that covers everything during your journey from tuition fees, to accommodation, and let’s not forget an allocation for your daily expenses – is nothing but a joy to find.
Thus, whether you are a Canadian, a permanent citizen, or an international student, we made you a list of the 25 most popular scholarships to study in Canada.
Moreover, all the scholarships below are very competitive, and your only lucky card is your academic performance or your social and civil involvement (leadership, for example).
Let’s dive into our most popular scholarships to study in Canada without much ado;
25 Most Popular Scholarships To Study In Canada
University Of Toronto
1. C. David Naylor University fellowships: 30.000$
The C. David Naylor University Fellowships, funded by Arthur and Sandra Irving, at the University of Toronto were established to support outstanding scholars who are active in community service and commencing the first year of a graduate degree program.
2. IBET Ph.D. Fellowship: $25.000
Here, the program goal is to change the academic landscape within the next five to 10 years by removing historical and systemic barriers to participation by Indigenous and Black scholars and increasing the number of Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit) and Black engineering professors teaching and researching in universities across Ontario.
3. Google Ph.D. Fellowship: Full tuition and fees.
The Fellowship supports promising Ph.D. candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology. Google’s mission is to foster inclusive research communities and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
4. Loran Scholars Foundation: $100.000
With a value of $100,000 ($10,000 annual stipend, tuition waiver, summer internships, mentoring program, etc.) the Loran Scholarship is the most comprehensive undergraduate scholarship in the country. It enables determined young leaders develop their talents and contribute to a better world.
5. Viscount Bennett Scholarship: $25.000
The Viscount Bennett scholarship was established through a gift from the Right Honourable Viscount Bennett, former President of the CBA (1929-1930) who established a trust fund in 1943 for the purpose of using the income generated to encourage a higher level of legal training, education, and ethics.
6. IRSC scholarships: $35.000
To be eligible for the IRSC Scholarships, students must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a doctoral program or a combined masters and doctoral research program in the health sciences.
University Of British Columbia
7. International Major Entrance Scholarship: $40,000
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
8. Outstanding International Student Award: Full tuition fees.
The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a one-time, merit-based entrance scholarship awarded to qualified students when they are offered admission to UBC. Students selected for this award show strength academically and display involvement outside of the classroom.
9. Schulich Leader Scholarships: $100.000
The Schulich Leader Scholarships program recognizes students across Canada who demonstrate excellence in academics, leadership, charisma, and creativity and plan to study in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) area on either of UBC’s campuses during their undergraduate degree.
10. McCall MacBain Scholarships: Tuition fee + $2.000 per month.
The McCall MacBain Scholarship is a full graduate scholarship that will provide students with the mentorship, interdisciplinary learning, and global community they need to accelerate their impact on the world.
11. Senior’s Right Scholarship: $20.000 and $15.000
The purpose of this bursary is to provide financial support to a student who plans to write a thesis related to seniors’ rights.
12. Citizens of the World Excellence scholarship: $15.000
This new program aims to attract the world’s top talent with international student scholarships and to support Laval University students with mobility scholarships to help them become the leaders of tomorrow.
13. Concordia University Doctoral Graduate Fellowships: $14,000
14. Concordia Merit Scholarship: $10,000 per year.
15. Project Hero Scholarship: Tuition fees + $10.000 accommodation
16. Faculty Entrance Scholarships: $30,000
University of Calgary
17. Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP National Scholarship: $16,000 (Renewable)
18. Bonnie DuPont Chancellor’s Scholarship: $15,000 (Renewable)
19. Adam Richard Leinweber Entrance Scholarship: $10,000
20. Dick and Lois Haskayne Chancellor’s Scholarship: $15,000 (Renewable)
21. Chancellor Thirsk Chancellor’s Scholarship: $15,000 (Renewable)
University of Ottawa
22. Fleur de Lys Admission Scholarship: $10,000
23. Faculty of Science Undergraduate Research Scholarship: $11,500
24. Indigenous Leadership Scholarship: $26,000
University of Alberta
25. International Leader Scholarship: $10,000