The International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) announced the World Youth Team of the Year and Real Madrid winger Rodrygo Goes is the only Brazilian to have been included in the squad.
While there’s no place for such talents as Barcelona’s Pedri, Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham, and Arsenal’s Bukaya Saka, the likes of Bayern Munich’s Chris Richards and his fellow American Sergino Dest have made the list.
Below is the IFFHS World Youth Team of the Year;
- GK: Ersin Destanoglu (Besiktas)
- RB: Sergino Dest (Barcelona)
- CB: Wesley Fofana (Leicester City)
- CB: Chris Richards (Hoffenheim on loan from Bayern Munich)
- LB: Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich)
- CM: Sandro Tonali (AC Milan)
- CAM: Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- CM: Eduardo Camavinga (Rennes)
- RW: Rodrygo (Real Madrid)
- LW: Ansu Fati (Barcelona)
- ST: Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)
Meanwhile, Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland is the most expensive Under-20 player in the world right now as the Norwegian is valued at €110m by Transfermarkt.