Ms. Matilda Mwaba was co-founder of the Zambia National Organisation for Women in Sport Physical Activity and Recreation (NOWSPAR) where she served as Chief Executive Officer. She was also the Africa representative on the Global Executive of the International Working Group on Women in Sport (IWG). Her work focused on advocacy for the empowerment girls and women in and through sport, increasing women and girls’ participation in sport, sport for development, organizational development, and policy engagement on the integrity of sport.
Mwaba was co-founder of the Zambia National Organisation for Women in Sports Physical Activity and Recreation where she served as Chief Executive Officer
About University of London
The University of London (abbreviated as Lond or more rarely Londin in post-nominals) is a federal[a] public research university located in London, England, United Kingdom. The university was established by royal charter in 1836, as a degree-awarding examination board for students holding certificates from University College London and King’s College London and “other such other Institutions, corporate or unincorporated.
University Of London – Matilda Mwaba Scholarship
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: University of London
- Country of Study: United Kingdom
- School Of Study: University Of London
- Course of Study: Not Specified
- State Of Origin: N/A
- Gender: Women
Aim and Benefits of University of London Matilda Mwaba Scholarship
- The scholarship will cover the fees for one short course (module) of the University of London International Sports Management by distance learning.
- Successful recipients of the scholarship will also receive mentorship in the specialist subject area.
Requirements for University of London Matilda Mwaba Scholarship Qualification
To be considered for the scholarship you must:
- Be a woman
- Have an offer for the module/Postgraduate certificate
- Be of age 35 and under
- Be a permanent resident of a country in Africa
- Be able to provide relevant references
How to Apply
- Submit an application for the short course or Postgraduate Certificate in International Sports Management. Without this, we cannot consider a scholarship application.
- Pay the appropriate online application fee for your program.
- When you have received an offer, download and complete the scholarship application form.
- Upload your completed scholarship application form(Opens in a new window).
If you have applied for a program previously but did not register and wish to be considered for this scholarship, please submit a completed scholarship application form here(Opens in a new window) as you may not need to reapply for your course.
For more details, visit University of London’s website.