The University of Nottingham foundation sports funding is a medium to help students develop their sport potential while studying in the UK.
The scholarship benefit is valued at about £2,000 and is for high-achieving domestic and international athletes in any sport. Eligibility criteria are basically for candidates who are enrolled at the University.
Who is University of Nottingham Foundation Sports Funding for?
The University of Nottingham Foundation Sports Funding is for international and domestic students offered by the university which is located in the heart of Nottingham city, England. It is a research-led university renowned for its outstanding educational standards. It is an institution of choice for many foreign students.
Particularly, the University was opened in the UK in 1948 with campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia. It offers admission for students in the following disciplines; pharmacy and pharmacology, education and training, veterinary sciences, geography, and English language and Literature.
- It is offered by the University of Nottingham
- It is available for students in any department in the school.
- Eligible candidates must be undergraduates.
- The scholarship benefit is £2,000
- The number of awards is not specific
- You can access and apply for the scholarship online.
- Nationality: It is open for domestic and international students.
- The award must be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Both home and international
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree program in any field
- Eligibility Criteria: To consider your candidacy for this program, you need to meet the given criteria:
- Candidates should be of academy, national or international standard in any sport
- Candidates should demonstrate strong evidence of future outstanding potential
- Candidates must be applying for a course at the University of Nottingham or be already studying here
- Students from home, EU, and international can qualify.
How to Apply
- To Apply it is important for applicants to take part in an undergraduate degree program at the university. After taking admission, they can send their application for this application through this online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates might be asked to submit the following documents: A pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts and awards, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are expected to hold at least a high school diploma.
- Language Requirement: Language requirements vary from one course to another.
The grant is worth £2,000 and will cover sports and fitness membership, specialist facilities, and support, including physiotherapy support.
Requirements & what to do during online Application
There are important guidelines you have to follow in order to ensure that your application for this sports scholarship is granted.
Most important is that you ensure that you maintain a single profile because registering with multiple accounts will make it difficult to verify your identity and also unable to claim the award if you are successful eventually.
You do not need to receive an offer of study before applying for this scholarship, but we recommend applying for an academic course as soon as possible Search for courses and find out how to apply.
You may be shortlisted for a scholarship after your initial application but you must receive and firmly accept an offer before a scholarship can be awarded to you.
Priority is given to sports within the BUCS program, Olympic, Paralympic, and Commonwealth sports, with other sports considered on a case-by-case basis.
Sports scholarships can be combined with academic scholarships where students are eligible for both and follow their separate application processes. Download and see full terms and conditions (pdf).